Hi crafty friends! Kim here with a fairy fun shaker card to show off SFL's new release! (Sorry I couldn't help myself.) Shaker cards are fun, versatile and add a little something out of your ordinary everyday card. Over the years I have watched many videos on how to make them, different methods and tricks. Every time I sit down to make a shaker card I feel like I'm learning for the first time. I will say this card might be the one I had the least amount of trouble with but please note the trouble is mine not in the technique itself. It's actually a very simple process I just struggle with it for some strange reason. I have to take each step slowly so that I don't glue the wrong pieces together. I was so happy with the way it turned out!
Here's a quick run down of what I did:
- stamped sentiment on the clear acetate sheet (after hitting it with an Embossing Magic Pad so the embossing powder wouldn't cling where I didn't want it to) with VersaFine black onyx ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder
- the image from Winter Fairies by SFLwas stamped with Memento black ink then was colored with Prismacolor pencils & maybe Derwent inktense pencils (I keep them in the same case and when I'm coloring I am usually just looking for the right color not which brand)
- fussy cutted out the image and then went around the edges with a Memento marker in black ink (gives it a finished look even if your edges are a little rough)
- blinged it up a little with Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss Pen on the moon, her hat and wings (not sure you'll be able to see it though)
- the sequins are from my stash and went perfectly with the paper I was using from the Winter in Pink 6x6 paper padfrom SFL
- used Couture Creations 3D Foam Strips-white to create the shaker space (these worked like a dream! and I credit them for making the process much smoother for me this go round)
- used a scallop circle frame die to create the shaker window
I was thrilled with the way it turned out and I am well on my way to using ALL the sentiments between the Winter Fairies stamp set & the Fairy House stamp set!
Above I've included the links on the pics for the individual products or you can click the pic below where I've included the link to get the bundle.
Thank you so much for stopping in today and checking out the blog! Take some time to head over to the SFL blog and look around, the other design team members have done some really great work with this release. No such thing as too much inspiration right?